Studies show that 80% of us have given up on our New Years’ resolutions by the second week in February.
If you’ve given up on the goals you set on January first, don’t despair! Simply re-frame your way of thinking regarding your goals. View them as a year-long project, and a life-long project. Not just something for early January.
Now that the holidays are truly behind you, it’s time to take a look at how you want to look and feel throughout 2018. The New Year is the perfect time to take stock of your health and decide what improvements to make and come up with a plan as to how to achieve these. Don’t worry if you’re not the sort of person that likes making resolutions. If your health and fitness are not where you’d like them to be, decide on how you would like to look and feel this time next year. Write this out in as much detail as possible. Don’t worry if it seems ridiculous or unrealistic. Make this a source of pleasure and focus on all the positive things you stand to gain.Just put it down on paper; have fun with it.
How would it be if you could double your energy and be in your ideal shape? Write down what this would do for you;
- Would it allow you to enjoy life better?
- Would it allow you to do more things with your family?
- Would it allow you to enjoy your holidays better?
- Would it help you meet your ideal partner?
- Would it improve your career prospects or help you run your business better?
Come up with your own list. Buy a separate diary or notepad for these goals, write them down so you can keep track of them. A diary is ideal for setting targets and dates and breaking your big goal down into weekly small steps. Break down your goal into manageable steps. Maybe this week, simply throw away all the left-over snacks and drinks from the holidays. Next week maybe do three exercise sessions of half hour duration. Next step might be to stop snacking late in the evening. And so on. If you make one small healthy change every week, can you imagine what this might do for you in 10 weeks? Or 52 weeks? Don’t let this be yet another year you let slip by without looking after yourself the way you know you should. You owe it to yourself to treat yourself to all these benefits that you know will come about if you take action NOW.
- Do you find that you make the same goals and resolutions at the start of every new year without actually achieving them?
- Do you join a gym in January only to find you don’t make proper use of the membership?
- Do you find that you are not seeing results?
- Would you like this year to be different?
- Would you like to achieve real and lasting health and fitness results?
Here at Lifegym, we coach as well as train you.
- we help you to clarify what your actual goals are
- we explore why you want to achieve these goals
- we give you motivation tools and techniques to help you achieve these
- we monitor everything and help you through ‘sticking points’
- we include coaching and mentoring sessions to explore why you may have failed in the past and how not to repeat the same mistakes in the future
- we get results!
We work with you on an individual basis to guide you to achieve your Health, Fitness and Weight goals. We take care of all aspects of your lifestyle in this regard: Physical Training, Nutrition and Mind Set.
As a result, our clients find that they are much more likely to actually achieve lasting and rewarding results and find it easier to keep going whatever the circumstances.
If you feel this may be of interest to you, please make contact with us now to get started or even if you just wish to discuss further.